SUMMARY: The Patient Access Representative works as part of the administrative and medical office team performing those clerical duties necessary to prepare patients for visit.
1. Greets patients and answers telephone in a courteous and professional manner, addresses questions and direct calls appropriately.
2. Ensures patient confidentiality and provides patients with needed information.
3. Knowledge on BCFHC insurance plans and third-party payors.
4. Schedules appointments in compliance with BCFHC policy.
5. Collects patient demographic information and accurately registers patients in the information management system.
6. Makes appointment reminder calls daily when needed.
7. Conducts financial assessment for uninsured patients including, obtaining financial information, entering the information in the system, and advising patient of appropriate discount to be assigned based on the sliding fee scale.
8. Communicates effectively with patients, co-workers and other center visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
9. Monitors task pools and secure messaging inbox in electronic health record system to and responds timely and appropriately to requests from center providers.
10. Retrieve telephone messages from the voicemail system and respond appropriately at least two times each day.
11. Ensures protection of patient protected health information by complying with the HIPAA Privacy Rule policies and procedures.
12. Conduct Telephonic Welcome Call to New Assigned Members
13. Performs other necessary duties as required to meet the goal of providing primary health care services.
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. A minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical facility and/or related customer service field.
3. Computer literate.
4. Must be qualified in Basic Life Support techniques.
5. The ability to communicate effectively in person and on the telephone with other staff, the public, the patients and the medical staff of Broward Community Family.
6. The ability to effectively perform the several duties that are part of the medical office activities, including the ability to perform basic mathematical functions consistently and correctly.
Broward Community & Family Health Centers, Inc. is a non-profit organization committed to providing accessible comprehensive high quality primary and preventive care services to all persons with dignity and respect. Our focus is on preventive care and health education to promote healthier lifestyles in the communities we serve.
Primary care services are available to families, businesses and individuals regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or their ability to pay.
Our medical staff consist of highly-trained board certified physicians, psychiatrist, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, LPNs, LCSWs, MSWs, medical assistants, nurses, behavioral health coordinators and other support staff.