Summary: The Medical Assistant works as part of the clinic provider team and assists the physicians and family nurse practitioners in the provision of primary health care. The Medical Assistant provides limited direct patient services and performs specifically designated independent procedures.
1. Conducts patients screening for sight, hearing, blood pressure and other simple routine procedures.
2. Prepares patients for examination including the identification of the chief complaint, the taking of vital signs, height, weight, etc., and ensures smooth patient flow throughout clinic.
3. Assists medical providers in healthcare activities, performance of diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures, and the administration of medications as necessary.
4. Participates in the Broward Community & Family performance improvement activities and performs duties in accordance with applicable standards.
5. Ensures an appropriate environment for the administration of healthcare by keeping exam rooms, nurses’ station, all equipment, and other work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly fashion.
6. Collects specimens and delivers them to the laboratory in accordance with appropriate policies and procedures.
7. Performs routine laboratory procedures accurately and safely.
8. Stocks examination rooms, laboratory, and other special treatment rooms with necessary supplies.
9. Accurately documents patient medical record with applicable procedures, vitals, etc. as required.
10. Assists providers with identifying appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes as needed.
11. Monitors task pool daily to ensure that follow-up requests assigned by the Providers are performed.
12. Retrieves messages from the clinical voicemail and performs necessary follow-up and/or return calls.
Performs other necessary duties as required to meet the goal of providing primary health care services.
· High School Graduate or GED Equivalent.
· Graduate from an approved Medical Assistant Program which identifies both clinical and classroom instruction sufficient to meet state requirements.
· Valid BLS card.
· Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency in the English language.
Primary care services are available to families, businesses and individuals regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or their ability to pay.
Our medical staff consist of highly-trained board certified physicians, psychiatrist, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, LPNs, LCSWs, MSWs, medical assistants, nurses, behavioral health coordinators and other support staff.